Finding joy in daily life can be hard sometimes, especially when there are difficult things happening. This blog was created to remind me to look for and find the joy in daily living.
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Joy in the Gospel of Jesus Christ
This weekend was our Regional Stake Conference. The meetings we attended were so wonderful! The spirit was very strong at both. I am so grateful for the joy I feel during church meetings when I feel the spirit. Our Stake Presidency spoke at our adult meeting last night and their talks were excellent. Our Stake President, President Warnick spoke about the need in all of our lives for change, and that this change can come through repentance and the atonement of our Savior. President Wilson spoke about righteous use of the Melchizedek Priesthood in the home and about how husband and wife are partners equally yoked in the responsibilities of the home. He also spoke about the importance of treating one's wife (and family) as Christ treated the church. President Terry emphasized the great importance of family and how we can strengthen and support one another in our family units, and that this should be our priority. Today, Elder Holland reminded us of the great faith and courage of some of the early pioneers saints and Elder Peterson brought up several important points in his talk. He said that things are going to get harder in the world from here on out and then talked about what would help us the most. The first thing is that we should love others and do for them what we would do for our own children. And connected to this, that we should learn what it means to be Father, to know, understand, and love as our Heavenly Father does. Second, he said that we need to severe ties with those that drag us down and prevent us from living righteous lives. Third, he said that we should be willing to take correction. And that we should be meek and humble and open to making changes that we need to make in our lives. I love to listen to righteous church leaders teach the pure doctrines of the gospel and I love the joy that I feel as I listen to truth and feel of the spirit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment